All Chess Sets are FINAL SALE
- Full-club sized Chess set features a 3.75" King with a 1.6" diameter base
- Chess pieces are hand carved by master artisans and crafted out of the highest grade boxwood that has been burnt and carved
- Chess pieces are heavily weighted with luxurious billiard cloth base and a glossy finish
- The design of the Chess set is an adaptation of the most popular Chess set used at major international Chess tournaments throughout the 1950s and 1960s, most notably the World Championship Candidates Match that was held in Bied, Zagreb in 1959
- Set consists of 34 Chessmen, including four Queens, a standard that was introduced by The House of Staunton over 10 years ago
- The Blackwood Superior Traditional Chessboard with 2.25" Squares features Blackwood (dark) and Maple (light) squares with a Mahogany frame. This Chessboard is 0.5" thick, has a moulded edge and a satin finish. The House of Staunton logo is silk-screened on the h1 square
- Red Burl Premium Chess Box is lined in green billiard cloth, divided and features brass quadrant hinges and a lock & key. This box comes with the House of Staunton logo laser engraved on the lid
Material(s): Burnt Boxwood
King Height: 3.75" / 9 53 cm
King Base Diameter: 1.6" / 4.06 cm
Basepad Material: Billiard Cloth
Square Size: 2.25" / 5.7 cm
Chess Board Footprint: 22.5" x 22.5"
Box Dimensions: 9.5" x 7.4" x 4.5"
Chess Board Height: 0.5"
Median Set Weight: 46 ounces (1.3 kg)
Total Number of Chess Pieces: 34 Chess Pieces, including 2 Additional Queens (for Pawn Promotion)
Radiating traditional appeal, the Staunton Burnt Reykjavik II Series Chess Set, Box and Board combination in Burnt Boxwood will enhance any room it graces. Offering great playing enjoyment and luxury, the Staunton Chess set is ideal for families! We include FREE shipping!