Jack Georges Warranty Information
Jack Georges handcrafts each item to the best of their manufacturing capabilities using only the finest and most durable materials available. Their products are designed to improve with age. Slight marks and scratches, earned from normal use are natural and enhance the character of the item. The beauty of leather is that it wears and shapes itself to you over time and becomes more appealing.
Jack Georges prides themselves on having a very low number of warranty repair claims. However, since all of their items are handcrafted, human error may occur and as such, they stand behind their products with warranty coverage. Each Jack Georges product comes with a warranty. This warranty is printed on the hang tag that comes with an item and entitles the buyer to repairs due to defective parts or workmanship. The warranty card and proof of purchase (receipt) are required if an item needs warranty service. The warranty is valid for the time period printed on the product and does not cover normal wear and tear, which includes scratches or abnormal abuse of the materials, stretching/softening of leather, damaged zippers from snagging or overstuffing, worn/broken wheels or pull-out handles on wheeled bags. This warranty does not serve as a replacement policy.
If a non-warranty repair is necessary or refurbishing an item is desired, Jack Georges' repair department can handle this for a nominal charge - usually $35 to $100 depending on the item and the work necessary.
In the unlikely event that your Jack Georges product should need a warranty repair, claims should be processed directly through the Jack Georges repair department. Our policy is simple: Once the item is received by us, it is repaired and shipped directly back to you within one business day.
To send your item for a warranty repair:
- Please e-mail email@example.com or call (973) 777-6028 to obtain a Return Authorization Email. No repairs will be processed without a printed Return Authorization Email issued by our Repairs department included within the package.
- Follow the instructions on the email and include your name, address, and full daytime contact information.
- Include a copy of your warranty card and proof of purchase (sales receipt)
- Use care in your packing method. Shoulder straps should be placed inside the item. All handles must be positioned away from the body of the case to prevent impressions in the leather. Totes and handbags must have their straps tucked into the item. We can not be held responsible for any damage caused by improper packing.
- We recommend that you ship your item in a manner that will allow you to track the shipment using the delivery service of your choice (UPS, FedEx, Express Mail, etc.). Jack Georges will not be responsible for packages lost or damaged during shipping. The responsibility will be that of the carrier.
Jack Georges reserves the right to modify its repairs policy.