All Chess Sets are FINAL SALE
- Full-tournament sized Chess set features a 3.75" King with a 1.6" diameter base
- Chess pieces are hand carved by master artisans and crafted out of the highest grade boxwood that has been burnt and carved
- Chess pieces are heavily weighted with luxurious billiard cloth base and a glossy finish
- The design of the Chess set is an adaptation of the most popular Chess set used at major international Chess tournaments throughout the 1950s and 1960s, most notably the 9th Chess Olympiad that was held in Dubrovnik, FPR Yugoslavia (present day Croatia)
- Set consists of 34 Chessmen, including two Queens, a standard that was introduced by The House of Staunton over 10 years ago
- The Blackwood Superior Traditional Chessboard with 2.25" Squares features Blackwood (dark) and Maple (light) squares with a Mahogany frame. This veneered Chessboard is 0.5" thick, has a moulded edge and a satin finish. The House of Staunton logo is silk-screened on the h1 square.
- Premium Chess Box is lined in green billiard cloth, divided and features brass quadrant hinges and a lock & key. This box comes with the House of Staunton logo laser engraved on the lid.
Material(s): Burnt Boxwood
King Height: 3.75" / 9 53 cm
King Base Diameter: 1.75" / 4.44 cm
Basepad Material: Billiard Cloth
Square Size: 2.25" / 5.7 cm
Chess Board Footprint: 22.5" x 22.5"
Box Dimensions: 9.5" x 7.4" x 4.5"
Chess Board Height: 0.5"
Median Set Weight: 61.6 ounces (1.75 kg)
Total Number of Chess Pieces: 34 Chess Pieces, including 4 Additional Queens (for Pawn Promotion)
Move up to the exceptional craftsmanship of the Staunton Burnt Dubrovnik Series Chess Set, Box and Board Combination in Burnt Boxwood. This is a full sized tournament chess set from Staunton made for excellence in quality and design. The design is an adaptation of the most popular set used in tournaments in the 1950's and 60's. You'll enjoy every chess game with the Staunton Burnt Dubrovnik Series Chess Set in Burnt Boxwood! We include FREE shipping!