All Chess Sets are FINAL SALE
- Full-club sized Chess set features a 4.4" King with a 2.0" diameter base
- Chess pieces are hand carved by master artisans and crafted out of the highest grade woods
- Chess pieces are heavily weighted with gold embossed English Leather base pads under the Kings, luxurious billiard cloth base pads on the other Chess pieces
- Crafted to replicate the design and proportions of the original Staunton pattern Chessmen, registered by Nathaniel Cooke in March of 1849 and first manufactured by Jaques of London in September 1849
- Open-mitered Bishop and original Knight design, which was originally sculpted by the Maestro, Frank A. Camaratta, Jr. With it's downturned head, flowing mane and aggressive facial expression
- Set consists of 34 Chessmen, including four Queens, a standard that was introduced by The House of Staunton over 10 years ago
- Comes with a personalized Certificate of Authenticity and an original manufacturer's plaque indicating the production number, affixed to the underside of the Chess box
- Elm Burl / Bird's Eye Maple wooden Chessboard with 2.5" Squares features Elm Burl (dark) and Bird's Eye Maple (light) squares with a Elm Burl frame. This veneered Chessboard is 0.5" thick, has a satin finish and a beautiful moulded edge
- The Red Burl Fitted Coffer (Chess box) provides the highest level of protection for your chessmen, providing each of the chess pieces their own individual storage compartment
- Chess box features brass quadrant hinges, a removable top tray and a lock and key with tassel. The House of Staunton Logo has been laser engraved in the lid
King Height: 4.4" / 11.18 cm
King Base Diameter: 2.0" / 5.0 cm
Basepad Material: Billiard Cloth
Square Size: 2.5" / 6.4 cm
Chess Board Footprint: 25" x 25"
Bag or Box Dimensions: 16.5" x 10.5" x 6.5"
Chess Board Height: 0.5"
Recommended Carrying Bag Size: 26" Chess board Carrying Bag
Total Set Weight: 82 ounces (2.32 kg)
Total Number of Chess Pieces: 34 Chess Pieces, including 2 Additional Queens (for Pawn Promotion)